Tuesday, November 10, 2015

New Stitching Dies for November!

It's Day 1 of the November Countdown at Papertrey Ink. There are lots of good stuff coming your way. It's just awesome every month. I've got some new stitching dies coming out as well that I'll be sharing over the next few days. There's no new "big project", but rather a lot of stuff that can be used to change up the "bigger projects" of the past. I often find I do not have enough time to execute and present all the options and ideas I have for my stitching projects during a five day countdown. It is really nice to have the opportunity to revisit that all now. Because not only are you getting projects using the new dies, but there will be little twists on the main projects themselves. All new stuff people!

Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit with November's New Seasonal Stitches Dies by Papertrey Ink

Today, we're taking all three of the shapes from the Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit (still available and there's still time to get your Christmas felt on) and changing them up a bit, while using some new Seasonal Stitches Dies. There are three new dies that fit the star, stocking, and mitten perfectly to give you whole new options.

Seasonal Stitches Hoilday Wreath Die on Beaded Holiday Stocking from Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit by Papertrey Ink

Let's start with the stocking from the Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit. The stocking is out of Vintage Cream Felt with an Autumn Rose cuff and toe. I had some silver adhesive trim that I added to the edge of the toe and cuff. No sewing required and it gives an additional layer of detail. It is also decorated with the new Seasonal Stitches: Holiday Wreath. So much detail here with the layering of the leaves in Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse. It is one main circular cut with the individual leaves layered on top, which makes it very easy to assemble. And there is also a sweet bow with stitched detail. The stitching dies from Papertrey Ink are so nice because you can add so much detail in such a small design. This isn't something that can be hand cut with such precision on a small scale.

Beaded Mitten Stitching Dies from Papertrey Ink's Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit and Seasonal Stitches Santa Stitching Die

Next up we have the Seasonal Stitches: Santa on the mitten from the Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit. For the new twist, I've added cuff detail by stitching across the top and bottom edges of the cuff to create more of a ribbed pattern. The mitten in Simply Chartreuse was cut out of PTI's felt and backed onto the Pellon Craft and Home Decor Ultra Firm Sew-In Interfacing that I like to use as a backer. It adds both stiffness and economy to the felt designs. It also allowed me to use my Crop-a-dile to punch a hole and apply an eyelet to the top of my mitten. 

Seasonal Stitches Santa Stitching Die by Papertrey Ink


As for Santa himself, he fits very nicely on the mitten. There is a ton of layered detail from the nose and the mustache to the puff on his hat in the Seasonal Stitches: Santa Die. For skin tone, I used Fine Linen felt. There are stitching holes to place black beads or small black brads for eyes. This time I opted for tiny epoxy dots from Doodlebug. I ended up LOVING them. These in particular have a bit of green sparkle on the black. They really work well. 

Beaded Holiday Star from Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit and the Stitched Medallion 3 by Papertrey Ink





And lastly, we have the star from the Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit and a new Stitched Medallion. This one is number 3 and is joining the collection with Stitched Medallion 1 and 2 from the May Release. Like the two other Stitched Medallions, they are wonderful and playful opportunities to add color with floss and felt. They make a wonderful folk-art look to the star. 

To change up the star from Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit, I cut and stitched a corner of the star out of Smokey Shadow felt onto the body of the Pure Poppy star. It is intended to look like a "hanger" for the top of the star. I also sewed in large silver beads to the other corners. You could also use jingle bells here for a truly festive look. It's only that I found the beads before the bells at the craft store yesterday and I had an impatient husband waiting on me! It was truly a case of "bird in hand". LOL! 


There you have it, a taste for now. Lots more to come. I try really hard to make the stitching dies as versatile and detailed as possible for endless mix and match possibilities. Every time I go to design new ones, I think of how they'll work with the others. I'm a girl who likes options, which is very good for you:). This week is going to be showcasing that in wonderful ways. 



Click back over to Nichole's blog for even more inspiration today and I'll see you back here tomorrow! 

13 comments:

  1. JUST AWESOME!! LOVING the New Dies!! =) CAN'T WAIT to see MORE of your IDEAS!! Hav a FABULOUS RELEASE WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my love these new dies & can't wait to have them for my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a good day when I spy new stitching dies! I've been having lots of fun with the last kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new dies Erin - a must have addition to the Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit I previously purchased! And your projects are so inspiring....taking a second look at those Stitched Medallions 1 & 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new dies Erin - a must have addition to the Beaded Holiday Stitch Kit I previously purchased! And your projects are so inspiring....taking a second look at those Stitched Medallions 1 & 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet projects using felt! Great showcasing! Those stitches are so neat and clear with awesome color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is awesome that you made more motif dies for the Beaded Holiday die cuts. This is a must order!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stitching dies are awesome. , Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done. Am in awe of your abilities. The new dies are exciting. Thank you.


    1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Erin,
    Eye Candy For ME..........YEEEAY!!!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Christmas dies are so sweet, perfect or ornaments and gift tags.

    ReplyDelete