Monday, April 14, 2014

Desktop Design

Welcome back to the final day of the Papertrey Ink April Release Countdown. We've got a great set for you today in Desktop Design. I love how it allows you to build a desk scene. Works so nicely with homemade cards. And there is the cutest little typewriter that I'm absolutely CRAZY about.



See, I'm absolutely in love with typewriters in general. I have a few vintage ones and a couple of typewriter prints in my family room. My kids are fascinated with them. They call them the "numbers machine" because in their frame of reference, they really have NO idea of the concept of a typewriter. It's quite amusing.

For my first card, I have this lovely Winter Wisteria beauty. I set up my desk to look like somebody has a little bit of writer's block. A trash bin to the side (made of a trimmed Mega Gracious Vase die) holds some of the rejected missives, some of which have additional messages. Down below is a gold embossed "call me". I find that I have to schedule phone calls in with my friends sometimes so we can work around everybody's schedules. This is a nod to that.

The desk is the perfect spot to frame a larger sentiment, like those from the Think Big Series. This one is from Think Big Favorites #4.


Next up, I wanted to create a simpler card using Desktop Design. The desk works being stamped to the side. I have my typewriter and phone in tones of Aqua Mist and Blueberry Sky. Die cut words from Wonderful Words: Friends and Hello dies convey my sentiment. And BB: Random Stripe creates the rug. Which is so very appropriate, because it was a rug from www.flor.com that inspired the stamp set in the first place:).  (Side note: I have two room sized Flor rugs and love them. Great concept and a huge variety. Will be getting more soon for bathroom and laundry room runners.) 


Moving on to some additional projects using The A-Mazing Stamp Set. Before we wrap it up for the release, I need to mention that both the square and circle mazes in the stamp set coordinate with the Limitless Layers 2.5" Circles and 2.25" Square Die Collections. Which means you can create cards that have an open window like this one....


I used the Journal Card 1 to create this card. The sentiment is an additional one from The A-Mazing Stamp Set that I haven't used yet. I always make and slip a card into my husband's luggage when he travels for business. This sentiment was 100% inspired by that practice.


And here's a new element and sentiment from The A-Mazing Stamp Set as well. There are two arrow elements that can be used to frame a sentiment. The open squares in the arrows match up with the stencil font I used on a few of the words. "I think you are pretty darn a-mazing/amazing" can be used for a bunch of different occasions.

On this card, I stamped the square maze three times on a diagonal to create more of a background for my stars and sentiment elements. I used a cut from the new Cover Plate: Stars to make lining up all those stars a completely breeze. Just placed it on my project and used it as a guide, adhering the stars in the open areas.


And lastly, we have a card using BB: Random Stripes as a border element. This is the Make It Monday project this week. Check out Nichole's blog to see the tutorial video on heat embossing tips for die cuts and two step stamps around 10 PM EST.

More inspiration from the team below. And remember, these new products are available tomorrow. You can add them to your crafting arsenal come 10 PM EST on April 15th at www.papertreyink.com.

Danielle Flanders
Lizzy Jones
Melissa Bickford
Lexi Daly

Supplies

Purple Card
Stamps: Desktop Design, Think Big Favorites $4, Mixed Messages
Cardstock: Winter Wisteria, Smokey Shadow, Stamper's Select White
Ink: Winter Wisteria
Dies: Desktop Design, Mega Gracious Vases
Bitty Dot Royal Velvet Patterned Paper

Hello Friend Card
Stamps: Desktop Design, BB: Random Stripe
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow
Ink: Blueberry Sky, Aqua Mist
Dies: Desktop Design, Wonderful Words: Hello, Wonderful Words: Friend

Hurry Home Card
Stamps: The A-Mazing Stamp Set
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Stamper's Select White
Dies: Holiday Home, 2.5" Limitless Layers Circles, Journaling Card 1
Ink: True Black, Soft Stone

Congrats Maze Card
Stamps: The A-Mazing Stamp Set
Cardstock: Blueberry Sky, Tropical Teal, Enchanted Evening
Dies: Star Cover Plate, Wonderful Words: Congrats
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky

Ice Cream Truck Thank You
Stamps: Special Delivery, BB: Random Stripes, Bubble Talk, Mixed Messages, Fillable Frames #4, Life's Music
Dies: Special Delivery, Stitching Lines, Bubble Talk
Cardstock: Summer Sunrise, Hibiscus Burst, Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist\
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise



11 comments:

  1. The desk set gave me a little giggle - it is so darn cute! I love how you have made paper trash for the little trash can - looks like my desk area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet and fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the desk set card. Your tiny paper trash adds so much to the card and is so cute! Love IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your cards are so creative...but the little waste paper basket on the first card takes the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH SO CUTE! ...the trash idea is adorable, plus the maze cards are fantastic, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG--Your Wonderful Friend card with the little trash basket and wadded up pieces of paper!! DARLING!!!!! And LOVE how you've displayed that card on a vintage typewriter!! AWESOME!
    The A-Mazing cards---again...DARLING!!!! Fabulous shares today--What a way to start the week with GREAT inspiration and additions to my Wish List ;) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all your card projects, but I like the creativity in the one with the over-filled trash can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That trash can! And using Mixed Messages on the little slips of paper is such a great touch. Love it! And after investigating flor.com - I see the inspiration for Random Stripes (and want one of those carpet/rugs...and it's only a few minutes away from Ikea so when we are in ATL, I'll be heading over to the Flor store...my husband is going to love you soooo much for that, LOL). Great projects today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards! I really like the star card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards - I was watching your make it Monday video and noticed the glue bottle you used gave a great skinny line of glue - can you share which brand of glue bottle that is? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete