Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 3 of Background Basics: Diagonals and Diagonal Additions

I've got another card today for you featuring my new BB: Diagonals and Diagonal Additions stamp sets from the January 2014 Papertrey Ink release. They'll be available for purchase here real soon. 10 PM EST at www.papertreyink.com, in fact. I like to think I pack a lot of versatility in my products. This one is no exception. I hope you agree.

I've seen a lot of comments about how well both these stamp sets work for masculine cards. Very true! They scream "guy" because of their graphic nature. Today's card will show you just that.


Here we've got a birthday card for a guy. I used both the BB: Diagonals and Diagonal Additions on the top panel. This is a whole new look from what you've seen previously. I first stamped the large chevron strip from BB: Diagonals in Aqua Mist ink on Spring Rain cardstock repeatedly to create a large continuously pattern piece of workable paper. Next, I took the singular lined element from Diagonal Additions and stamped it half on and half off the open areas in the original chevron design in Blueberry Sky ink. You get this three toned look as a result. Cool beans.

Check out Nichole's blog for more inspiration and links to who else is featuring projects today. See you back here tomorrow for the start of the group projects!

Supplies

Stamps: BB: Diagonals, Diagonal Additions, Super Stars, 
Inside/Out: Birthday II, Bitty Background Blocks
Dies: Seeing Stars, Ad Sense, Sketched Shapes, Wonderful Words: Birthday
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Spring Rain, Stamper's Select White, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky
Canvas Vellum


13 comments:

  1. Love your card Erin. The diagonals are so trendy right now. Great set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! love your stars layered with Ad Sense - I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card!! I like how you stamped the fun background and used the layered stars. Fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could sit down and make a card this perfect for a guy! every element is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Erin! Love the way you put all those blues together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! A guy card. Wonderful slanty arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make your new stamp sets look SO easy to use, but I'm afraid that won't be the case for me. This neutral card works perfectly for either gender but especially for those difficult masculine ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, Love, Love this card. Blue is my fave color. But I love the way you put it together. Can't wait to make this card.
    Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent design for a guy's card! I love the blue shades you used, and the elements you used to put it all together. A nice design that seems to shout "guy" rather than "girl". Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card. I like the diagonals. This stamp set will make some great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your birthday card is such a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card for Mae or female and I love the blues you chose!

    ReplyDelete