Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Stitched Sentiments and Party Popper Day 4

There is so much to be completely in love with this November with Papertrey Ink. If you haven't noticed, thee is a theme going on. It's all about fabric crafts and all the love and coziness they impart to a home and the heart. I've certainly fallen under the spell of these new sets.  Hoping you will as well.



First up, perhaps what is my favorite card that I've created for this release using the new Stitched Sentiments, Buttoned Up, and Hanging By a Thread (all available on November 15h). I was inspired by the whole Purl Soho vibe to create this homey, yet graphic take on a quilt. Finally...FINALLY...we have enough colors of patterned paper in the PTI collection to create this rainbow look using the Hello Sunshine dies for precision cutting. Really was a cinch. And since the dies cut two "sunrays", I already have cuts to make another card. LOVE it.


Here's a close up photo where you can see all the elements layered together. The stitched "You" is from the new Stitched Sentiments and the "are pretty amazing" is from the previously released Simply You set. All of the sentiments in Simply You and All About You can be teamed up with this stitched "You" for even more looks.

The thread card  stamp (from the new Hanging By a Thread) was a surprise to me when I stamped it for the first time. I had no idea there was a Downton Abbey reference! Thrilled with this.


But what really made me squeal with delight was the embroidery hoop that is included in "Stitched Sentiments". A world of possibilities with this particular stamp and die. I have admired the wall hangings folks have been doing with hoops and the creative ways they've used them--using everything cross stitch to be inside of them. And so, that's exactly where I went with it--a modern take on the hoop.


For my "fabric" I cut a circle of chevron patterned paper from the Funky Town pack. I cut a heart out of Raspberry Fizz felt and a flower out of Hawaiian Shores (using the Flipping Out die) and added them as my focal point. The sentiment is actually from the new Background Basics: Inspiration set. I stamped a background strip in Ripe Avocado and cut out the words I wanted to use. Instant sentiment.



I've got one final card for you today using Party Poppers. I wanted to use the elements for something other than poppers. I can't believe I didn't see this before, but the ripped popper die makes really good "washi tape". If you happen to pick up the new Sentiment Signs, you could use this card idea for any of the sentiments included in the set. Super easy. And how about versatile?

That's it for me tonight. One more day to go before all these new sets, dies, and patterned papers are released at Papertrey Ink.  Take a few minutes today to enjoy more inspiration using the same products at the following blogs:


Maile Belles
Nichole Heady
Jessica Witty
Dawn McVey
Melissa Phillips
Heather Nichols
Betsy Veldman
Cristina Kowalcyzk
Danielle Flanders
Ashley Cannon Newell

Papertrey Ink Supplies

Rainbow Wheel Card
Stamps: Stitched Sentiments, Hanging By a Thread, Buttoned Up, Simply You
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Kraft
Dies: Buttoned Up, Thread Cards, Hello Sunshine
Patterned Paper Colors: Soft Blush, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening, Royal Velvet, Winter Wisteria, Scarlet Jewel, Melon Berry
Ink: True Black

Believe In Yourself Card
Stamps: Stitched Sentiment, Background Basics: Inspiration
Dies: In Stitches, Flipping Out, Heart Prints
Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice
Patterned Paper: Funky Town and Hawaiian Shores Collection
Ink: Kraft, Ripe Avocado

Washi Tape Card
Stamps: Party Poppers, Teach & Inspire, Sentiment Signs
Dies: Party Poppers Collection, Notebook Die
Cardstock: Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, Spring Rain, Simply Chartreuse
Ink: Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Winter Wisteria, True Black, Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise
Patterned Paper: Soft Stone Collection
True Black Button

17 comments:

  1. Love all your cards, Erin, especially the first card. I like the multi patterned paper. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. erin, i think your 'purl soho' card might be my all time favourite erin lincoln card! you rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Rainbow Wheel Card really caught my eye! Love the concept and can't wait to try a "wheel" card out myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards and wicked to find another way to use the party poppers set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a treat to see what you come up with. The color wheel is brilliant! Love your use of the poppes dies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards today. I will be CASEing the color wheel idea sometime, and the "washi tape" is brilliant. Thank you for showing the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh, I love what you did with the sunshine dies Erin! Such a great look to work with~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh...you are pretty amazing (to quote a phrase)! I LOVE this card...the colors are so
    vibrant! Also love how you used the party popper stamp in the last card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your "quilt" card is genius! SO colorful, and what a wonderful use of the sunshine die. And I love the CAS "thank you" card.
    -- Connie C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three terrific cards! I am sooo likin' this new set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, that rainbow circle is calling to me. Beautiful design. That banner and embroidery hoop is looking more and more essential and don't ypu just love the sentiment signs. Thanks the the "washi" tip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love the quilt card. I have the sunshine ray die so that will help and I can't wait for the release day so I can order this set and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love your work and this is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome cards...that rainbow wheel is so fun and I love the feel of the 2nd card too...seems perfect for a trendy teen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Erin,
    Sorry I couldn't comment sooner, I've been touring a few colleges with my youngest daughter. Your 'sunray quilt' wheel card is sooo beautiful. Man oh man, I have to figure out a way to get that to work with the stash I have currently. Do you think Christmas, baby and Autumn fabrics would all go together...? ;-P
    You're such a great talent, I love checking in to see what goodies you've whipped up for the rest of us to drool over lol. Thanks for taking the time to share.

    ReplyDelete