Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June Paper Smooches Projects

Can you believe July is just a couple days away!?!? Where is the summer gone. I'm staring down the barrel of Halloween projects. Christmas projects even! I'm not ready for that!

Clinging to summer just a bit longer...at least in the paper crafting world...I've got a few projects using the May/June Paper Smooches Release for you.


This card uses the new Southwest Charm stamps and dies. There's a lizard character. He is muy loco. I thought it would be fun to color him with markers to blend into the background, like a chameleon. I would imagine whatever color combo you come up with would look great with this technique.


Ole! How about a margarita party? Sounds delicious to me. But only if I string up some chili pepper lights that inspired this card using the Desert Icon dies. I made maybe a stencil using the pepper and sponged red, orange, and green ink through. I also created a stencil from the Nested Oval Dies to add the "glow".


All these flower die cuts from the Pocket Dies were a cinch to cut because my pattern paper was so thin. I cut four layers at once and then just went to town adding them to a kraft cardbase.


And lastly, this month's TAM stamp set, Blissful Banners. I stamped my "happy birthday" banner repeatedly in a pattern on my background. I used the Streamers set (which has all the empty banners) to create my focal point and added a sentiment from Scripty Sayings. Flowers from the Flower Dies help make it stand out.

Feel like clinging to summer a bit too? All these stamps and dies are available for purchase at the Paper Smooches store! And we are days away from the new release...fun stuff.

2 comments: